Jan 19, 2011

Visit to FAVL libraries

  Last week  I went down to village to visit the FAVL libraries. The visit was for a couple different reasons: 1) I acted as a sort of liaison/tour guide to a visiting professor from USF and 2) to assist Rodrigue, a student in Ouaga doing research for his thesis, in conducting an inspection/survey of the FAVL libraries. Even though it was for work, it was great to be able to get out of Ouaga for a while.
It amazes me how much village calms me. I guess it’s the quietness, the simplicity of village life. I returned from village calm and stress free.  It didn’t last long, returning to an abundance of emails and work, but it was wonderful while it lasted!
They say pictures are worth a thousand words, so I feel like I can better express my time in village through pictures (taken by Charley and the professor) rather than my rambling words.


 
Conducting a survey of Bereba's library with Rodrigue

                                           A happy reader
                                                                   
                                             The library of Koumbia

                                            Outside Bereba's library

                                         It's cotton cultivating season down south

                                     Woman making bricks with baby helping

                                I'll pass on taking this taxi brousse!

                                     Hanging out in the village of Boni
                                                            
                                                Don't get any ideas (yet) mom!
                                                   
                            Playing with paper planes in Dimikuy

No comments: