Jun 9, 2008

Philadelphia

I arrived in Phili Saturday evening. I've been shocked with the weather. It's extremeley HOT and HUMID. At 8:30 p.m. it was still over 94 degrees. I guess it's good prep for Africa!
Our pre-service training has been interesting...and a bit long. There are 31 of us off to Burkina Faso, split just about evenly but maybe a few more girls than guys. Everyone's young, in their mid or late twenties.
Basically we've spent the entire past two days in one of the hotel conference rooms going over pre-service training, things such as the Peace Corps mission, our aspirations, fears and other basic things. A lot of it was writing down things on a notebook and drawing pictures, at times I felt like I was back in 2nd grade lol. We had no time to sight see in Philadelphia. However a few of us arrived Saturday on early flights. So on Sunday Leah, Elsa and I (all from Cali...way to represent!) went on a long walk around Phili, got to see Penn University (such a gorgeous campus!) and wadded in the fountain at Logan Circle.

Tomorrow we start the morning with some shots!! Then we head to the airport and are off to Ouagadougou!!!! (with a stop in Paris). I am soooo excited and so READY to get there. Still not nervous, just ready. Let's get this started!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enchante!

My name is Tomoko. I'm working in Burkina Faso as a volunteer of Japan. I think that your mother had showed you my blog in japanese.

I'm living in Dori (region of Sahel) so if you have the time for visiting here one day, please let me know.

So you are now in Burkina Faso...

BIENVENEU AU BURKINA!
J'espere que tu va trouver ici magnific comme j'ai trouve!!

A bientot!