Mar 29, 2011

Paris


I wanted to hate France.

I was excited to travel and see family, but after witnessing the horrible and demeaning visa process for Elisée, I officially stated my hatred for all things France and vowed to never return.

But then I arrived in Paris.
 



  

I mean, how can anyone hate Paris? The beauty, the culture, the history, it was all so incredible! And despite the stereotypes of Parisians being stiff arrogant pricks, I was pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of the locals.

 La famille

 
Contemplating art inside the Louvre


In the 10 days I was there we visited everything a tourist could see, from the Eiffel tower to the catacombs. We visited museums, strolled along the Seine, picnicked in Bois du Boulogne. We took the metro quite a bit but I’m pretty sure we walked on every street corner of Paris.
With FAVL unable to escape our minds, we visited France’s national library and were lucky enough to visit Paris during the huge ‘Salon du Livre’ exposition where I was able to buy numerous books for Pobé’s library.

Overall the trip was a much needed and wonderful vacation. My only disappointment was the food, though I of course I gorged myself on plenty of pastries, wine and cheeses.

 The moms and I in front of Notre Dame


Centre Pompidou

 view of death inside Paris' catacombs

No comments: